Thursday, August 21, 2008

24 Hours in The Sage

I rode on a 5 person co-ed Absolute Bikes team for The 24 hours in the Sage. It was a great time and Matt was one of my teammates. He had a good time too and I think we are closely tied for the fastest lap. His laps were super consistent, all fast. I only did 3 laps because I arrived late so that I could take my CNA state test in Rifle that morning.
The hardest part about doing a team 24-hour is the waiting. Riding is awesome but then you have to stop just when you’re getting hot, try to eat sleep maybe shower and before you know it you’re getting ready for your next loop. Matt and I are talking about racing duo next year. It is such a great venue and everyone is super mellow and nice. The KOA in Gunnison is an awesome place to have this type of event. They served coffee and pancakes and sausage for breakfast! Mmmmm, that was delicious.
We got first in our category and I did have the fastest loop (just found out from the results), a mere 4 second margin!

I drove back solo to GJ after the race and had to stop to nap, I was practically falling asleep at the wheel. I start my A&P class tomorrow at Mesa State. I’m getting ready for the Tabeguache Trail this Friday. Go time is 12:00 a.m. from a brewery, so Matt Turgeon style. Purchased the BLM maps for Delta and Nucla today, I hope they help or I hope I can read them in the wee dark hours of the morning. Can’t wait for this one, it’s going to be an adventure for sure.

Here are some random photos. The first two are of Blue Mesa Lake which I took as I drove by it with the camera out the window. This was scenery on my way to Gunnison.



This one is the only race shot I got. Yes lame I realize but it is Matt finishing a lap in all his blur.

No comments: