Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Just some fun summer riding.

Getting started in Marble.

Bliss on the 401 trail in Crested Butte.

The Crystal Mill.

Must have coffee.

More of 401.

Morning at our camp spot.

Matt and I went on an awesome bike tour this weekend. We parked in Marble and headed over Schofield Pass to Crested Butte. Devil's Punch Bowls and Crystal Mill were just a few of the amazingly beautiful attractions. I was a total tourist stopping every few minutes to take pictures. I left the camera with Matt who isn't back from Summit until next week. Here is one of the Crystal Mill to tie you over until I get the camera back. I found it on the following website: http://www.atvtrails.org/Schofield_Pass.html



Other great rides this summer included my biggest group ride ever and that was on Lenawee Trail. You climb to the top of A-Basin and descend into Zuma. It's a pretty short ride but lots of elevation gain and fun, fast, single-track descending.
Katherine's brother, Richard.......

Looking into Zuma Bowl (a controversial decision involving the disapproval of many long-time locals)......


Katherine, the fastest female descender I know, my teacher, and great pal........


The group, Maya, Richard, Scott, Mark, Dawn, Katherine and I. Yes a huge group but loads of fun.......


Other fun stuff this summer.....Here is Christian, tired after The Firecracker 50, he told me he needed to get some cytomax.



The kids on Morgan Peak.....


No comments: