Monday, March 19, 2007

spring training

This is my first official blog. It is March in Colorado and it feels like Spring, should be snowing but what are you going to do? Anyway I have been in training mode all winter for the upcoming mountain bike season. I have been skate skiing, snow shoe racing, running, gym and a wee bit of riding just recently. I had the pleasure of riding at Green Mountain in Denver and am heading to Fruita this week for three days of riding and hopefully good training. Of course it is supposed to snow here Thursday.

So far my race plans for this season include The Kokopelli Trail Race which is to my surprise on May 19th. I literally just found this out as the original date was the 4th. Oh well, more time to train, very nice. So my plan is to leave Colorado and head to Moab by the 18th of April. I'll train there for several weeks until the KTR than home again for some high altitude. I would love to do The Seven which is a 7-day mountain bike stage race from Victoria to Whistler. Still exploring the possiblity of sponsorship as entry fee is costing a pretty penny. The dates on that are July 1-7, 2007. Other options are Breckenridge's Firecracker 50, The Breckenridge 100, Montezuma's Revenge, Kona's 24 Hours of Granby/Winter Park, and 24 Hours of Moab. These are some of the races I did last year and pretty close to home so that always makes things a bit easier.

I'm signing off for now.

No comments: