Friday, May 29, 2009

The Grand Loop

Official race start time for the Grand Loop was 6 pm tonight from Tab TH in GJ. Matt is doing it, Jefe and Jim started also and the others are already out there. You can see updates from the forum: http://www.bikepacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,211.new.html#new

Matt


JIM


Jefe


Riding up Monument Road.




These folks showed up but decided to bail once they saw the other guys' bikes.



Jefe and Jim have spot trackers and Matt does not. Maybe he can call from Bedrock to let me know he got there and when or maybe someone passing the other way will report when and where they see him. Wish 'em good riding, weather, conditions and navigation! I'm a little jealous that I can't be out there. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

5 comments:

Bailed said...

We kept hearing that a 29er is the only way to go, but when we got to the trailhead, the other guys very diplomatically explained about the tires. Oh well, maybe next year!

Dave said...

Cat,
Don't be too worried if you don't hear from Matt. When I did it last year, the phone at Bedrock was out of order with no plans on getting it fixed.
Best of luck to all,
Dave K

MC said...

The phone at Bedrock is still out of order...A no call is probably a good thing since there is really no place to call :) I am sure Matt and Jefe are trucking it up the Divide Road right now, smiling.

Chad B.

Matt said...

Awesome! Good luck Matt!

Miriel said...

Cat! I'm so glad I stumbled upon this blog! I hope you had a nice flight and enjoy Cali. Hey what is your email address?