Friday, May 1, 2009

Ice Cream

I've tried to give up ice cream but it just doesn't seem to work. It is especially good after an arduous, hot, desert ride. The reason for trying to give it up is because I hear about all these other racers and all the good foods they eat or the bad foods they don't. The truth is, I eat pretty healthy stuff, mostly organic and mostly vegetarian. Let's be honest though, a bowl of chocolate chip ice cream with some nutella on top tastes damn good!

Today I road from Moab to Dewey Bridge on the Kokopelli Trail. It was great and I'm tired and a little bruised. The weather was perfect, I got an early start and avoided the hot sun for most of the day. Near the end of the ride I got body slammed by some menacing sand. Wow, I went down hard and it really hurt. It is always my left hip that gets it too. Man, I'm pretty sure I'll have an extra hip by the time I retire from biking, as if I don't have enough hip as it is. I also kind of knocked my head and did a little whiplash number on my neck. One thing is for certain, I will be feeling the pain tomorrow. Matt met me with the car and dog at Dewey and he road from Dewey, actually he is still riding as I write this, to Fruita Kokopelli TH. Ringo (our dog) and I went to the boat ramp before driving back to Junction. My dog is crazy, he leaps through the water, runs fastly through the sand and charges me head on covered in water and dirt. He dried on the way home and the sand just kind of fell off him onto his bed in the car. He's one tired pup now.

The truth be told, I had first an ice cream bar, then a bowl of ice cream with the nutella. I feel great now!

No comments: