Sunday, May 10, 2015

Day Three Water Fast

I pooped today.  Sorry but this is my diary of my experience and I want to make sure I keep track of these significant details.  Why is this worth mentioning?  Typically during a fast you don't move your bowels.  I consider myself lucky because more toxins are being excreted from my body.  Other key areas to note include this theory I've heard that by day three the hunger goes away.  I'm not so lucky in this department.  I can't stop thinking about food!  I have been indulging myself by looking up delicious recipes and talking again about food with people.  I'm getting great ideas and cannot wait to cook!  I was just speaking with a man who has been fasting for 26 days!  He looks normal and says he's doing "great".  I feel the harder the fast, the more you get out of it.  Today's been a harder day for me.

I woke up with terrible back pain.  Back pain is common during fasting, for various reasons.  Old injuries tend to creep up when you're fasting and I have had some minor back stuff over the years.  It's one of my weaker spots and muscle tightness there has left me unable to walk.  It could be because of the toxins moving through your intestines and connecting nerves close to your lower back that attributes as well.  That wasn't a very sophisticated explanation but forgive me, I haven't eaten in 3 days.  Lastly because you do more lying around than normal, the lack of mobility can affect some people.  I did go on a walk today, it's impossible to stay on campus.  I know my body well enough to know if I'm too weak to walk so I took a chance for mental health's sake.

I slept restlessly last night and woke at some obscenely early hour and was unaable to fall back to sleep.  I did not nap today like the last two days in hopes to sleep better tonight.  I have decided to change my water up a bit and started drinking it warm.  I am also drinking fizzy water tonight (totally allowed) to help settle some uncomfortable stomach irritation.

It's amazing the food that looks so appetizing when you're fasting versus not fasting.  Man have I  been missing out on iceburg lettuce all these years.  I am hoping that my new found cravings for pure health food lasts well beyond the breaking of this fast.

Tomorrow I'll have my bloodwork drawn in the morning for the first time just to check that nothing is going awry during this fast.  I'm getting a massage to help with this back pain.  This is the life if I could only eat all the deliciousness around me.

The pain in my hands is nearly gone.  My feet are still tender and sore some.  My BP was 105/70, HR 60 and weight down again to 145.6.

I have no creative writing skills at the moment.  Or maybe I never did and thought I did because my brain was fuzzier on food than off!










2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Cat,
I love and support you through this however, I would not be me if I did not express my concerns and skepticism. Why does the body need a water cleanse? We are designed to self-cleanse via our kidneys and liver? Obviously, I worry that you will become hyponatremic and hypokalemic?! I worry about muscle wasting. I worry about the stress your body will undergo and that stress may only tax your immune system further and something will resurface... I know you don't want to hear this but, please know that my concerns are based on love and genuine worry but, I also know you to be tough and steadfast and able to overcome life's obstacles. Godspeed, Mary

Fastingnow said...

FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR. I think you need to go on a water fast Mary to clense your body of all those negative and fearful energies :-)